Mar 9, 2015

First Impressions: Lancome My French Palette


Pros
  • This palette is really sleek and shiny
  • The mirrored finish gives it a luxury feeling
  • Eye shadow shades are wearable, great for work
  • Eye liner colours are housed behind a little door, nice feature
  • Eye liners can be used wet for more intensity
  • Mirror is a good size for touch-ups
  • Thin design means it's great for travel
  • Brush that accompanies palette not a throw-away
  • Parisian sketch gives you some glam for every day
Cons
  •  Eye shadows are quite sheer, especially the mattes
  • Compact is slippery, will probably be dropping this a lot
  • The brush could be a lot better, love the idea of a double sided brush, but the brush itself still feels cheap, hairs could be better quality
  • Magnet for finger prints
  • I don't understand the purpose of the little door since the eye liners are powders

My thoughts...
I really love the look of this compact, but I am very disappointed with the quality. I think the L'Oreal La Palette Nude is a better choice overall. I am a sucker for nice packaging and they got me with this one. I wish the level of packaging matched the product inside. But, if you like sheer eyeshadow and want to inject a little glam into your makeup routine, than this one might be for you!


So the verdict is...
Would I repurchase- No
Packaging- 9/10
Formula Quality- 7/10
Will I buy from this brand from the future- Yes, but I will not be taken by glam packaging again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Labels

Flickr